The first 500 Upstream registrants get a free t-shirt
Scope of Support
Centralized open source repository
Open source cybersecurity risk mitigation
M-22-18 attestation compliance (software suppliers)
M-22-18 attestation compliance (government agencies)
Open source security attestation data
Open source compliance / SBOMs
Guides & Reports
Join the Tidelift team
How to connect Tidelift with GitHub Sponsors
Tidelift has partnered with GitHub to makes it possible for organizations to
pay the maintainers
to maintain their software, creating a scalable income stream for maintainers, through the GitHub Sponsors program. Learn more about
how to start earning money for your open source package with Tidelift
You can now feature your package's participation in the Tidelift Subscription on your GitHub project page.
Read below to learn how to set up GitHub Sponsors with Tidelift!
1. Become a Tidelift lifter.
Learn more here
2. Enable sponsor feature for your repository on GitHub.
Learn more here
3. Create a FUNDING.yml file in the .github directory (.github/FUNDING.yml) of the master branch of your project.
into your FUNDING.yml file.
package manager of your lifted package (e.g. pypi, npm, maven), and the name of that package.
6. Commit the changes! This will now direct visitors to Tidelift as your solution for income for open source.
7. Repeat this process for any other repos you'd like to update with GitHub Sponsors.
Questions? Please email us at
50 Milk St, 16th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
(339) 210-5630 ext. 106
Copyright © Tidelift, Inc.
Terms of service
Scope of support
Packages with income