Open source is the modern development platform, with 92% of applications containing open source components. Yet most organizations have not developed a formal strategy to guide how open source is used, secured, or maintained in their codebase.
If your organization has not yet formalized an open source strategy because of concerns that it will slow down development, this webinar is for you.
Tidelift CEO and co-founder Donald Fischer is joined by guest speaker Chris Condo, Forrester’s Principal Analyst, to share how to build an open source policy that will accelerate application development and minimize risk.
Learn how your organization can:
- Maximize the strategic benefits of open source like cost savings and access to innovation and top talent
- Minimize the risks of open source caused by security, maintenance, and licensing issues
- Design an open source policy that empowers development teams while providing assurances for security and legal teams
- Understand and avoid the negative ramifications of having no policy in place
- Create a “paved path” for development teams by standardizing on known-good, proactively maintained open source components