86% of developers say open source license policies weigh heavily in package choices.
License choice is especially critical for organizations in highly regulated industries such as financial services or health care that want the benefits of using open source while minimizing legal and security risks.
Don't fret, though. In this on-demand webinar, Tidelift's resident open source license guru Luis Villa shares the basics of how open source licenses work, major pitfalls organizations might fall into, and answered some pressing questions.
This on-demand webinar is for you if:
- You've ever wasted time pondering the permissiveness of an open source license
- You've googled any of the following: "copyleft licenses," "open source license compliance," "how to choose an open source license," "what is the difference between MIT or GPL or Mozilla license?"
- Your organization has ever faced legal consequences because you're using a package with a non-compliant license
- You need help figuring out which licenses your organization should allow
- You use open source software at all—you really should understand the basics of the licensing side of things.